If you would like to request materials on this website in an alternate format, the form can be found at the bottom of this page.
A student, parent or member of the public who wishes to submit a complaint or grievance regarding a violation of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act related to the accessibility of any official Banneker school web presence that is developed by, maintained by, or offered through the school may complain directly to a school administrator, or the Director of Innovation, Technology, and Digital Learning.
The initial complaint or grievance should be made by emailing the Director of Innovation, Technology, and Digital Learning for the Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School at email@example.com. However, a verbal complaint or grievance may also be made to any school administrator. When a school administrator receives the information, they shall immediately inform the Director of Digital Learning & Technology. Whether or not a formal complaint or grievance is made, once the school has been notified of inaccessible content, effective communication shall be provided as soon as possible to the reporting party to provide access to the information. The Complainant should not have to wait for the investigation of the complaint to be concluded before receiving the information that he/she was unsuccessful in accessing.
To file a complaint or grievance regarding the inaccessibility of the school's public website content, the Complainant should submit a description of the problem, via email or regular mail, including:
- Date of the Complaint
- Description of the problem encountered
- Web address or location of the problem page
- Solution desired
- Contact information in case more details are needed (email and phone number)
The complaint or grievance will be investigated by the Director of Digital Learning & Technology or another person designated by the Executive Director. The student, parent, or member of the public shall be contacted no later than five (5) working days following the date the Director of Digital Learning & Technology is given the information.
The procedures to be followed are:
- An investigation of the complaint shall be completed within fifteen (15) working days. Extension of the timeline may only be approved by the Executive Director.
- The investigator shall prepare a written report of the findings and conclusions within five (5) working days of the completion of the investigation.
- The investigator shall contact the Complainant upon conclusion of the investigation to discuss the findings and conclusions and actions to be taken as a result of the investigation.
- A record of each complaint and grievance made pursuant to the Banneker website shall be maintained. The record shall include a copy of the complaint or grievance filed, report of findings from the investigation, and the disposition of the matter.
The mailing address for complaints:
Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School
21 Notre Dame Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
REQUEST ALTERNATE FORMAT
If you need access to materials on our website and are unable to use them in their current format, please fill out the form below and we will accommodate your request. Please allow up to 2 days for a response.